San Francisco, CA
Built in 1906, the factory required substantial updates, but the historical integrity of the building was retained. This 3-story structure includes a cafeteria, classrooms, admin spaces, library, gym, and theater.
For this award winning project our design team members provided services for this extensive change-use project which is a retrofit of the original Levi Strauss building, transforming it from factory to a 87,000 SF K-8 school.
Notable sustainable features include four thermal towers, natural ventilation and a radiant heating system, both controlled by a BMS and designed to meet LEED Gold certification.
Our team developed detailed CFM modeling to work with the Planning Department and satisfy their understanding and compliance of ventilation codes.
Type: Change-Use Historical Retrofit
Size: 87,000 SF
Architect: Pfau Long Architects